From: dave <dengv...@charter.net>
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC) <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Helical interpolation not quite round, WTF?

On Tue, 2012-09-25 at 15:13 -0400, Stephen Dubovsky wrote:
> How big are the "humps"?  How many are there?
>
> Are you in exact stop mode?  If motion stops at the beginning/end of
> each semicircle then you will get a little hump from springback during
> the pause.  Lead-in & out are typ used when cutting IDs to prevent
> that.
>
> Stephen

Ah! Both good questions I should have been smart enough to ask. Since my
mill is not as stiff as would be ideal I tend to take small Z
increments/360 degrees and work my way down taking at least an extra
pass or two at the max depth as spring passes.

To extend Stephen's question: where are the humps, exactly at 0, 90, 180
& 270 or offset some. Are they deep enough to not be backlash anomalies?

Dave