Dave wrote:
> That has been a long standing complaint of Mach3 for many, many years.
>
> For some reason they never got around to cleaning up the standard screen
> set.
>
> I have idea why.
>
> I am sure that when Art first made up that screen, that he thought it
> would be revised in 6 months or so..  but it never happened.

Well I ship a single screen package with all the machines I supply. I don't
recognise 'full of bugs' ... it turns out production quantities on my customers
sites happily day in day out. I would not use it with a lathe, but for a 3 or 4
axis mill it does a job and has done for years.

Now LinucCNC does have an alternative to that package these days, but while
something is working customers tend not to want to change, so Mach4 will
compete
with a current LinuxCNC build on a more level playing field. But new offerings
are shipped with both Mach3 and LinuxCNC at the moment until I get more
practical experience in production ... and can support customers over the phone
:)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL