Can the stepper motor 'step & direction' output from EMC2 be used to
run a servo based system that has step & direction input amplifiers
where the servo motor encoder feed back goes into the amp and not EMC2?
  I believe the Yaskawa Sigma II amps can run in this mode.   My
thought was to build a simpler system and avoid the additional motion
control boards if the Yaskawa amps could connect directly to an
isolator/break-out board from the parallel port.  Or are these two
completely different systems with only the "step & direction" words in
common?

Thanks for your help

Steve Van Der Loo

Tube Gauge Inspection Fixtures Inc