On 11/09/2012 02:59 PM, Sven Wesley wrote:

> Looks like a good idea. The eBay versions seems more rugged though.

I had the opposite impression.  I thought the Jog It looked a bit home
made, but very rugged.  In one of the videos, when the Jog It is placed
onto a table, it made a substantial WHACK that sounded like a solid
block.  Another video shows one being run over by a car and presumably
surviving.  It's reported to be coolant resistant, but it looks like it
wouldn't take much effort to make it coolant proof.

I ordered a pair of them, even though I don't have a Tormach so I think
the pendant would look better in black instead of white. Partly, I just
wanted to support anyone who is marketing a plug-N-play device for
LinuxCNC.  That it's an open source plug-N-play device for LinuxCNC is a
bonus.

BTW - The Q&A on the KickStarter features the guy who is selling the Jog
It saying that part of the reason he developed it was because he found
the lower cost Chinese MPG pendants to be too fragile and, well,
basically cheap.  Let go of the spring return jog wheel and the machine
motion continues.  That sort of thing.