On Sunday 11 November 2012 11:24:11 Kent A. Reed did opine:

> > More than once, I've had temporary trouble communicating with this
> > list from my gmail account. It was much worse with my old ISP-provided
> > account. It got blackballed which is why I had to switch to gmail.
> >
> > If your messages are being rejected by the list server, you should be
> > receiving explanatory responses in your mailbox as I have.
>
> I forgot to mention that, after you subscribe to emc-users, you can set
> your account preferences so the list server sends you an acknowledgement
> [SIC]* every time you post to the list.
>
> If your post is successful, you get a message with the subject line
> "Emc-users post acknowledgement" and a body like
>
> > Your message entitled
> >
> >      Re: [Emc-users] Does replying to old threads go straight to the
> >      spam bin?
> >
> > was successfully received by the Emc-users mailing list.

> > Your
> > preferences:https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/options/emc-users/ken
> > tallanreed%40gmail.com
>
> I find this useful.

I did not know you could do that, and that would nicely get past gmails &^$
duplicate filters.

Thanks Kent.  I learned something today.  Now if I could just get the
hereafter figured out, I go into a room & then try to remember what it was
that I'm hereafter.

:)
> Regards,
> Kent
>
> *Damned Internet spelling. I used to get dinged by my teachers and later
> by my editors every time I added an "e" to acknowledgment.

Cheers, Gene
"Seed me, Seymour"
                -- a random number generator meets the big green mother
from outer space