Hi Erik,

sorry - this thread slipped out of my sight for ten days ...

Am Mon, 12 Nov 2012 08:18:50 -0500
schrieb Erik Friesen <e...@aercon.net>:

> Ok, got pycam going on linux.  A couple things..
>
> Generate toolpath generates a flat toolpath, it requires generate all to
> generate the curve.

almost :)
There are currently four path strategies:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/pycam/index.php?title=ProcessSettings#Strategies
Just choose the "surface" strategy if you don't want to work on flat layers.

> MM seems to be hard coded here??

no way! :)
Take a look at the preferences - there you can select inch.

> Is there a place to input retract height?

I am not sure: is this similar to the concept of "safety height"?
This could be found in the preferences as well.

Cheers,
Lars