Anders,
    While I cannot comment on how it works I just recently bought  a brand
new Intel Atom motherboard from Newegg.com on the recommendation of two
other users who have functioning machines that work well with them. I have
yet to install and test it out as I JUST received my ram order yesterday.
However my two friends and several other folks apparently have been using
this board with good results. It apparently tests well in the latency area
and is pretty good for a LinuxCNC conversion. It does have only one PCI
slot but it has a parallel, and serial as well as several USB ports on it.
Here is a link....peace

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121442

Hope this helps and good luck man. Peace

Pete