2012/12/4 Sven Wesley <svenne.d...@gmail.com>

> 2012/12/3 Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com>
>>

>> Sven, 2 things you MUST do.
>>
>> 1. Turn off the hyper-threading in the bios.
>> 2. Add isolcpus=1 to the end of the grub kernel line.
>>

> Oh yes I did that already. Latest BIOS firmware and running fastest rated
> SSD disc too.
> CNCLinux no tweaks installation. Start Latency test, open Firefox and 50
> microseconds reached.
>
> Only thing I haven't done yet is to test another RAM.
>
> /S

And today I did.
Running 2x2 GB RAM to maximize the I/O. Latency test, one glxgears and a
Firefox to linuxcnc resulted in 15 849. Turned the graphics resolution down
to 1024x768 and I was able to keep it a bit lower, But only a bit as I
passed 14 000 for the same test. I still don't believe in you guys saying
that a D525MW is able to stay below 10 000 in a latency test.

One thing though, I filled one of the boards with 8 GB RAM (2x4). That
board is running 64 bit Ubuntu in the office and it happily reported 8 GB
even though the hardware spec says max 4 GB. It seems that 4 GB is a soft
limit.

/S