Is there a document around with information on Mesa's
Smart Serial interface?  I poked around at mesanet.com
without coming up with anything.  I'm interested in designing
some "smart motor" modules with local encoder counter/
pwm generation/motor amp or step generator/motor amp
for distributed control, with minimal wiring.  The hints I find
to Smart Serial at linuxcnc.org and mesanet.com are quite
tantalizing.

Thanks,
-- Ralph