On Saturday 08 December 2012 19:19:02 andy pugh did opine:

> On 8 December 2012 23:33, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> >  I could work on this a bit more intelligently if I
> >
> > drilled out a 5x20 fuse and the holder cap
>
> http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/fuses-sockets-circuit-breakers/fuses-pcb/r
> esettable-wire-ended-fuses/

Thanks for the leg work Andy, this one looks interesting until you plug in
the fuses amperage, 3.2 amps, find they only have one device, rated (72
volts) at half the voltage needed since its in the nominally 127 volt line
cord path.  How much more one could safely ask the controller for I have no
clue, but at $135/copy, I don't really want to find it cannot tolerate a 4
amp fuse.  So I've been blowing (fast blow) the next smaller fuse, a 3.0
amp.

> Ordinary domestic MCBs work down to 12V.
> http://www.global-download.schneider-electric.com/852575770039EC5E/all/3
> C7884C29910B3CC852575B7006577BC/$File/multi_9_mcb_application_guide.pdf
> page 5.

Physically too big for the box.  Darn it.

Cheers, Gene
The existence of god implies a violation of causality.
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...