On Saturday 08 December 2012 20:25:47 andy pugh did opine:

> On 9 December 2012 01:12, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > An MCB ought to be able to do the job, even if you dismantle it to
> > make the useful parts fit (though they normally include things like a
> > chimney and an arc-extinguisher)
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Circuitbreaker.jpg
>
> Seems to have both a long-term overload (bimetallic strip) and a short
> term (solenoid) breaker.

Breakers like that internally, but fitting our usual Square-D service
panel, are about $30 USD at Lowes.  I don't believe there is a gross
difference in the size though.  But those will have clips to straddle the
bus-bar, and only a screw terminal on the output side. And they start at 10
amps IIRC.  Without the magnetic, about 8 or 9 USD.

Cheers, Gene
BOFH excuse #143:

had to use hammer to free stuck disk drive heads.
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...