On Friday 14 December 2012 23:50:04 Peter C. Wallace did opine:

> On Fri, 14 Dec 2012, Kent A. Reed wrote:
> > Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 22:41:54 -0500
> > From: Kent A. Reed <kentallanr...@gmail.com>
> >
> >     <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> >
> > To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)"
> > <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Question
> > on the loadable module ddt
> >
> > On 12/14/2012 9:57 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> Greetings;
> >>
> >> I never got far enough in math to know what a 'derivative' is.  Does
> >> anyone have a URL where I could learn a bit about this function?
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> Cheers, Gene
> >
> > Actually, the wikipedia article isn't bad:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derivative
> >
> > If it gets too mathematical too quickly, just remember the geometric
> > interpretation: for a smooth continuous curve represented by a
> > function f(x), the slope of the curve at a point x=p is the
> > derivative of the function df/dx evaluated at x=p (ignoring all the
> > messy bits that require the mathematics to explain).
> >
> > Regards,
> > Kent
>
> And d/dt specifically:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_derivative

Is this not essentially the same as turning up the Dgain in the pid box
then?  Thats a full stop lost cause, with anything over about .001 making
it audibly hunt worse, at loosely 2-3 hertz.

> Peter Wallace

Cheers, Gene
Windows 98: New look, same multicrashing.
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...