That was great.  It's great marketing too.  I had been buying metal from
a number of places but had somehow misplaced Online Metals, but after
laughing at their joke products for metalworkers, I checked their prices
and they looked easier to shop and/or cheaper than my other prototype
and small run sources.  Plastics, too.  I'll give them a try next time I
need to place an order, which will be soon. That bit of clever humor
might lead to several hundred dollars in new business from me this year.

Hey, if you liked that, you'll probably love this video.  I laugh out
loud every time I watch it.  I guess if you don't like robots or rock,
you might give it a miss, but I'd wager most of you will enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RBSkq-_St8

(Compressorhead - Ace of Spades)

Speaking of laughing out loud, I'm heading out now to pick up the kitted
mechanical parts to build my beefy little 24" X 48" CNC router (with
ball screws and linear rail).  I'm positively giddy. The 1090 ounce inch
NEMA 34 motors, motor drives, power supplies and optoisolated breakout
board are all in state and FedEx says they'll be here Monday.  I may buy
a 24" X 48" X .25" thick  or thicker aluminum top plate from Online
Metals to go under the MDF spoil board, and some .25" polycarbonate
sheets for the enclosure / dust collection / sound proofing.  Happy New
Year!