On 1/5/2013 6:37 AM, Bruce Layne wrote:
> That was great.  It's great marketing too.  I had been buying metal from
> a number of places but had somehow misplaced Online Metals, but after
> laughing at their joke products for metalworkers, I checked their prices
> and they looked easier to shop and/or cheaper than my other prototype
> and small run sources.  Plastics, too.  I'll give them a try next time I
> need to place an order, which will be soon. That bit of clever humor
> might lead to several hundred dollars in new business from me this year.

Yep. I found them several years ago and have placed several orders. All
were fulfilled promptly and at decent prices.

> Hey, if you liked that, you'll probably love this video.  I laugh out
> loud every time I watch it.  I guess if you don't like robots or rock,
> you might give it a miss, but I'd wager most of you will enjoy it.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RBSkq-_St8
>
> (Compressorhead - Ace of Spades)

I loved it. Who says roboticists don't have style, humor, lots of time
on their hands:-)

Maybe there's a movie in this. Watching t it I hear a slogan forming in
my head---a cross between "Number Five is Alive" (from Short Circuit)
and "We're getting the band back together" (from The Blues Brothers).

Thanks,
Regards,
Kent

PS - I have to fess up. I had noticed but not paid any attention to the
"Cut Away" blurb on the OnlineMetals website because I was concentrating
on buying some metal. Then it was called out in a post to a local
metalworking email list just a few days ago. So props to the original
poster.