On 16.02.13 11:32, Marshland Engineering wrote:
> Hi Chaps. Could you please trim your posts. They are getting quite long at
> this point.

Fullquoting does give all of the list recipients a lot of repeated words
to wade through, and can lead to planet-wide cursing. But hobby lists
are not renowned for making the effort to trim the bits not directly
being replied to. So it's probably worthwhile for recipients to also see
what can be done to bury some of the needlessly repeated verbiage.

One tool I use is:

$ apt-cache search t-prot
t-prot - display filter for RFC822 messages

It takes a bunch of options, to control what it compresses. I use it as
the display_filter in mutt¹. As an example, it compressed a TOFU post of
4 lines of reply, followed by "----- Original Message -----", then 7
times as much text, to just the reply, followed by: