On 23 February 2013 16:30, Klemen Dovrtel <klemen_dovr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I noticed that at the index the rotor angle is set to 0. Is it possible that
> there should be some offset regarding to real motor angle? I did not find any
> rotor angle offset input in bldc.component. Is this the way to solve this?

The rotor angle should be the actual rotor position. With a linear
motor this is a slightly different concept, but ought to be a measure
of where the motor is electrically. If the index is not at the motor
electrical zero then you can use the encoder-offset parameter to
offset it.

I think a linear motor will always be declared as 2-pole to bldc (you
_might_ want to choose a different number if the encoder counts per
electrical cycle are not an integer, but I can't think of any other
reason).

If you need changes to bldc to suit a linear motor, I am open to suggestions.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.