Anybody using GladeVCP with Persistence?  Did you have trouble getting
it to save settings?

It seems to me as though it is very sensitive to what widget the
'on_destroy' signal is attached.

The documentation does warn against attaching it to the 'window1'
object.  But I had terrible luck getting it to save_state when
LinuxCNC was shutting down.

I was able to figure out what it was trying to do by putting print
statements into
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/gladevcp/persistence.py

What I found was that the getter() returned by get_value() would fail
when the window was being destroyed.

I resolved the problem by putting the 'on_destroy' signal on the same
widget that was being read first.  There is no way to determine which
widget will be first, other than by putting in print statements.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

-Kip