On 28 March 2013 09:35, Roberto Sassoli <bobwolf....@gmail.com> wrote:

> i've downloaded the last xilinx program but i don't understand how can
> modify the .xml .BIT and .PIN files included in hostmot's firmware linux

Those are not the files you need to change. The input files to the
Xilinix compiler are the vhdl files.

I have managed to make firmwares, and you should be OK with a 7i43.
However the LinuxCNC Hostmot2 firmware build system is many iterations
behind the one currently used by Mesa.

To do it this way, you need to get the LinuxCNC version of the Hostmot2 sources
http://git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=hostmot2-firmware.git;a=summary
Clicking the most recent "snapshot" link should give you all the files
you need, though installing git and cloning that repository might be
better.
You then need to edit the "firmwares.txt" file to tell it which
firmwares to build. It looks like TPEN4_5 is already built for the
7i43-200 and 7i43-400.

There are other vhdl files for the 7i43 in there, PIN_TPEN4_5_48.vhd
and PIN_SVTP4_7I39_48.vhd look promising. (the "48" refers to the
49-pin cards such as the 7i43)

The "Readme" file has more details.

--
atp