On 31 March 2013 07:52, Gregg Eshelman <g_ala...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> For a lathe you'd want a block set perpendicular to the spindle with its face
> a measured distance out towards the operator, mounted somewhere fixed and
> always accessible. Having it dead on center would get in the way of turning
> between centers, unless mounted to a removable base machined to fit the V
> ways.

It doesn't need to be dead centre, just a known distance from centre.
Look at G10 L11.
http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode/gcode.html#sec:G10-L11

What I think that is saying is that you use the 59.3 coordinate system
to store the absolute position of your touch-off device.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.