On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 18:21:00 -0400, you wrote:

>I have tried that too, but was never able to make it work, seems my offset
>that I was entering by reading the diameter, was always being taken as a
>radius correction.  Switch to radius mode, then have to run the mic reading
>thru the calculator.  Its a PIMA Steve, offsets entered should be taken as
>diameter, not radius.  Totally counter-intuitive to me.

Offsets are always absolute.

If you switch to radius mode the DRO should give you the reading you
need to enter. Having said that, some other controls do the calc for you
in diameter mode.

See http://imagebin.org/252371 a screen I did for Mach.

The lack of wear offsets is the big killer for me, one of the jobs I do
reasonably regularly needs an adjustment every 50 parts or so, I need to
be able to pause, enter them, and continue easily without destroying my
initial setup measurements or resorting to a calculator!

Steve Blackmore