Go to http://linuxcnc.org/

You will probably need to compile for your Lnux distro - not a good idea if you
are a N00B.

Why not download the bootable (stand-alone) CD and run from there?  It will not
change your computer in any way - once you shut it down, your PC will boot just
as it always has.  (This needs a PC - it won't work on a Mac.)

Walt

On Apr 3, 2013, at 5:43 AM, Charlie Moore <charlie...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>       I am new to Linux cnc and Linux in general so forgive me if this is
> obvious. What I would like to know is there a stand alone install of linux
> cnc? I would like to run Zorin or some other OS besides Ubunto. Thanks.
>
> Charlie

Walt Scrivens
wa...@gate.net