On Tuesday 23 April 2013 10:35:41 John Thornton did opine:

> At one time there were 4 manuals and 2 of them contained almost the same
> content. After years of work I put the stuff needed for a newbee to get
> started into the Getting Started Manual pdf and the stuff needed to USE
> LinuxCNC in the User Manual pdf and the stuff needed to integrate
> LinuxCNC into the Integrators Manual pdf that left the HAL tutorial
> which fluctuated a bit but is/was for using HAL standalone and last but
> not least the developer information which is in the Developer Manual.
>
> And then there is the secret man pages that only Linux Guru's know about
> and thanks to Jeff's magic are included in the HTML documents.
>
> On the bright side the entire manual is in HTML from start to finish
> including the secret man pages this way you get the manual any way you
> want.
>
> What did I miss?
>
> John

IMO not much John, Thanks.

I've been using FF to check things in the newest html as I work, but whats
missing is stuff I might be doing that isn't covered so I've invented the
lugs nuts I need. No big deal, we all have to make those parts. :)

There is some ambiguity in language, but that seems unavoidable when trying
to be concise, and a few re-reads generally, or a question on IRC, will
clear it up for me.  The biggest confusion to me yet is that even though
the machine is in absolute movement mode, G2/3 moves are still made
relative to where it starts from, and that is a translation in concept that
I have a hard time wrapping this aged brain around.

It would help me if there were some examples of the variable pre use
calculations needed to properly arrive at the correct i/j/k values needed
to go from y=3.111 to y=5.09 with x fixed at 4.33 for a 180 rounded curve
on the end of something.  I fought with that for several days while trying
to do that cocking handle in brass 2 weeks back.

Cheers, Gene
My views
You're not an alcoholic unless you go to the meetings.
         law-abiding citizens.