That nifty utility sounds like an early, buggy, limited version of SED, the
stream editor.

  I am a big fan of SED. Available for Linux, Windoze, and probably for OSX.
The learning curve is steep, but the power is amazing, and as far as I know,
the file of swap rules can get bigger than you will ever need.
Sent from my Kyocera Rise