I created a similar circuit a while to control my spindle, but it should work
fine for your application.  I went a little farther and added an op-amp
configured as a comparator, to get the opto-isopated PWM signal to be closer to
rail-to-rail and symetrical, and an op-amp configured as a voltage follower to
minimize the effect of output loading.

I have some spare PCBs if you'd like to try this circuit out.

N.C.