Hello!

I have 5i23 and 2x 7i39 in my router and all 4 channels of both 7i39s are
used. Default SVTP6_7I39.BIT firmware is used and everything works just
fine.
I decided to add another joint and went for a stepper motor as I did not
want to add 3rd 7i39 and sacrifice half of the gpio pins that are left for
limits, home switches etc.

So I did a little search in email archives, found svsttp6_6.bit firmware
file that was prepared by Peter few years ago (I built a machine that is
still using it), copied it to /lib/firmware/hm2/5i23 folder and changed the
firmware file name in INI file.

The thing is that none of the servo motors are moving. Machine seems
completely dead. If I try to jog motors, PID output reaches max (I am
watching them in pyvcp panel), but there are completely no sounds from
machine.

1) hanging back to default firmware in INI file brings the machine back to
life - it works like a charm.
2) file name of that custom firmware is written correctly in INI file as I
do not receive error message about particulare firmware not being found;
3) I do not receive any error messages about particular pins not being
found, so it seems that there are no changes in pin names between these 2
firmware files;

What am I missing here?

--
Viesturs