On 08/05/2013 11:38 AM, John Alexander Stewart wrote:
... snip

> This is a little Seig KX1 that I got with steppers but without the
> electronics -  5i25, g540, 48v switching power supply have been added.
>
> I do everything in metric.
>
> I'll be able to get to the machine in a couple of hours and try changing
> the dirhold, etc parameters up by a bit, as outlined by Andy, Gene, et al.
> and will report back findings.
>
> Thanks everyone;
>
> John A. Stewart.
...snip

Can you get single steps to move the motor? I would try marking the
motor shaft or pulley, then single step and check that the angle between
each step is the same for all steps. You might try this with the driver
with micro-stepping On and Off. If you haven't already checked, use a
meter to check that the 'A' wire pair don't have continuity with the 'B'
pair. In other words, check that the motor is wired for bi-polar use
rather than uni-polar.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/