If you do bidirectional compensation then backlash does not apply.
I think I would adjust the scale to get the numbers to match as good as
possible. Then the compensation values would be small.

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 1:20 PM, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5 September 2013 19:08, Russell Brown <russ...@lls.lls.com> wrote:
>
> > Were the 'errors' I showed (~.015mm over a 50mm move) in the right ball
> > park for a non-ball-screw benchtop mill driven by steppers?
>
> Not brilliant, but then I doubt that the machine is driven by
> super-precision screws.
>
> > Should I expect a commanded 50mm move to travel 0.040mm less than 50mm ?
> >
> > Does the variation in actual distance moved indicate missed steps?  (the
> > actual move varied with different microsteppings)
>
> You may be missing steps, it is always a possibility with stepper machines.
>
> I don't suppose you have any way to get the DRO feedback into the PC?
> Closing the loop might be a fun project.
>
> --
> atp
> If you can't fix it, you don't own it.
> http://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto

Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read
this email furthermore it is my wish you would close this without saving or
reading, and cease and desist from saving or opening my private
correspondence.
Thank you for honoring my wish.
Just for you NSA - think autointercourse
terrorist suitcase bomb sarin
hello