Got the drives and motors from Wantai Motor (same company as Longs Motor). Same
Chinese stuff as a dozen others sell.
Their drives are marked DQ860MA.

The signal connectors have + and - for pulse, direction, and enable. All the -
terminals connect together to a ground for each motor output on the BOB I'm
using. On the BOB that came with the set all the - lines from all the drives
were supposed to connect to a single terminal. (That looked like a sure fire
way for a short or power spike to fry everything.)

The other connections are ground an +VDC for power and A+ A- B+ B- for the
motor coils. There's also 8 switches. One enables/disables idle current
reduction. The others set the current from 2.8/2.0 peak/RMS to 7.8/5.6 and the
pulse/rev from 400 to 51200.

Couldn't get any movement except sporadic jerking until I set the switches for
400 and entered 200 in stepconf.

If I check the invert box on the direction pin it changes which button makes
the motor spin, but it will only spin counterclockwise.

Right now I just want to get them to spin in both directions so I know the
hardware is good, ought to be, it's all new. Full configuration can wait until
the mill is ready to have the motors installed. (I had three 4 on 75mm to
NEMA34 adapter plates made by Augustine Machine. $62 something shipped.)

I checked again and just a little gentle rotation around the shaft axis while
running makes it stop. So does picking it straight up in line with the shaft
axis. That's the issue that's really bugging me because that's the motion the X
axis motor is going to get a lot of.

Have to get it to run both directions to see if it's some setup fault causing
the motion sickness. I know other people are using this BOB and these drives or
very similar ones with LinuxCNC. Would be nice if they'd share their stepconf
files.

When/if this works I'll share mine *and* the wiring details showing exactly
what connects where. Whomever the actual manufacturer of the motors is, they've
changed the wire colors to red, green, blue, yellow on the 4 wire ones but
nobody has documentation showing those colors. Holding wires together shows the
coils are red/green and blue/yellow.