On 9/28/2013 4:45 AM, Richard Thornton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have seen a bunch of info on using BBB with capes and a lot of 3D
> printing specific stuff like Replicape and BeBoPr++.
>
> My thought was can the BBB replace the PC in LinuxCNC and drive the G540
> directly?

The gecko will happily work with 3.3V signals (as will just about
anything designed to connect to a standard PC parallel port...they have
all had 3.3V signaling for ages).  So if you want, you can just hook up
some wires from the BeagleBone connectors to a DB25, maybe using a
prototype "cape" if you want to be fancy:

http://www.adafruit.com/products/572

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net