I think the biggest problem a new user has is that the 5i25 is not in
pncconf unless you run a script or something. The second thing is it
might be a simpler interface without all the options that cover every
possible thing. Don't get me wrong I think pncconf is an amazing tool
and my hat is off to you for developing it. I'm just thinking along the
lines of stepconf and a simple way for a new user to answer a few
questions and get something up and running very fast.

What I don't understand is why the files need to be copied to have the
5i25 show up. I must be missing something as I thought the firmware was
loaded into the 5i25.

JT