On 2013/10/09 07:40 AM, Richard Thornton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So I have one of the Chinese 6040 gantry CNC routers, like this, I
> have setup the axis as I have indicated in the image:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ochmutxnacs4fo6/6040.JPG
>
> The 6040 does not have any limit/home switches yet.
Then you have to set NO_FORCE_HOMING in your ini file.
This will allow you to use Axis without homing switches

> Now under stepconf, using mm, I have setup:
>
> X 0-550 home 275
> Y 0-400 home 200
> Z 0-60 home 5
Why do you offset your home position if you dont have home switches.
Just make it zero

> Putting home in the centre of xy to keep it simple right now
>
> All of the axis move OK, so my next step way to get it to go through
> some gcode without any tool, I get various error but they are all of
> the same flavour:
>
> Program exceeds machine minimum on axis x
> Program exceeds machine minimum on axis y
> Program exceeds machine minimum on axis z
> Linear move on line 7 would exceed joint 0's negative limit
> I also get errors about it not being homed, then under "Manual
> Control" I select each axis and click "Home", I think this is wrong.
>
> I tried the LinuxCNC logo gcode that loads as default and created my
> own 50x50 text in Cut2D both give similar errors to the ones above.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/n803ycbfmkm3u8g/Quick%20Engrave%201.ngc
>
> I think I am doing something fundamentally wrong here, please help.
>
> Thanks for looking.
>
> Cheers
> Richard

Regards / Groete

Marius D. Liebenberg
MasterCut cc
Cel: +27 82 698 3251
Tel: +27 12 743 6064
Fax: +27 86 551 8029
Skype: marius_d.liebenberg

---
Virus Database (VPS): 131008-0, 2013/10/08
Tested on: 2013/10/09 07:52:33 AM