Gene Heskett wrote:
> Now if someone knows where I can buy an 8-32 tap that can tap an 8-32 blind
> hole pre-drilled .250" deeper than the needed threads, tapped as deep as
> the tap is long and do it repeatedly for a dozen holes before I am rigging
> to EDM its broken pieces out of the hole, I am all ears.  And it may have
> to do it in a piece of tool steel right out of the paper sleeve.

I buy 5 or so at a time from MSC, J&L, KBC and similar outfits.
For shallow holes or thin sheet material, I use spiral FLUTE taps,
they bring the chips up the hole just like a twist drill.  Fantastic!
But, on deep holes, they will bind up with chips and break sometimes.
So, for those I often use spiral point taps.  I did a fixture plate in
3/8" aluminum with 288 10-32 holes in one setup, with rigid tapping.
The tap is still about as sharp as when new!

Jon