Gene Heskett wrote:
> Chuckle, excellent reasoning Andy, but how long would it take me to learn
> the new tools, and how many iterations & material tests would it take to
> equal the commercial stuff?  Then once we have that estimate, the next
> question is do I have that much time left.
>
> So its not as easy as you make it sound. ;-)

Nope, it is all made of medical grade Titanium.  The biggest problem
with implanted
joints is infection.  My wife's grandfather had a knee replacement, and
it nearly
killed him.  By the time the doctor realized the infection was not going
away, he
had lost so much bone there was no hope of ever fixing it.  So, he had an
external brace and about a 6" gap where his knee was supposed to be.

Jon