On 14/11/13 13:20, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Thursday 14 November 2013 07:39:25 Erik Christiansen did opine:
>
>> On 13.11.13 15:59, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> I have added /usr/lib/camunits to one of the files in
>>> /etc/ld.so.conf.d, and have verified that path is correct, but I
>>> don't seem to be able to make a "sudo ldconfig -v|less" show me that
>>> it is seeing a single one of the dozen plus .so files there.  I was
>>> under the impression all we ever had to give it was the top level of
>>> a tree it (ldconfig) was supposed to process.
>> Gene, what you should specify (AIUI) is the actual directory containing
>> the .so, as shown by a comparison with e.g.
>>
>> $ more /etc/ld.so.conf.d/libasound2.conf
>> /usr/lib/alsa-lib
>>
>> $ ls /usr/lib/alsa-lib
>> libasound_module_conf_pulse.so libasound_module_ctl_arcam_av.so
>>
>> If that's analogous to what you have, then have you tried:
>>
>> $ ldconfig -p | grep <camunits_or_whatever_the_lib_is_called>
>>
>> With -p it lists candidate libraries stored in the current cache.
>> (Reams of 'em.)
>>
>> Once that picks it up, you're in with a chance.
>>
>> Silly question time: the .so was in /usr/lib/camunits, when ldconfig -v
>> was run?  (Just checkin ;)
>>
>> If that doesn't do it, and you're (fed up and) not stopping to chase the
>> showstopper down all its burrows, then the following has worked for me
>> for a quick result. For the Bitscope I'd put the required library in
>> /usr/lib/bitscope, and even this result:
>>
>> $ ldconfig -p | grep libborqt
>>    libborqt-6.9.0-qt2.3.so (libc6) =>
>> /usr/lib/bitscope/libborqt-6.9.0-qt2.3.so
>>
>> wasn't enough for the .so to be found, so I just banged this onto the
>> command line:
>>
>> $ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/bitscope:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>>
>> Then the executable happily found the .so more or less "manually".
>>
>>> Perhaps I'm running it wrong?
>> Yup. The secret is to run it less wrong, till it works well enough for
>> now, as far as I can tell.
>>
>> Erik
> These machines did not have an LD_LIBRARY_PATH defined or exported, so I
> set up just these two:
> gene@shop:~/linuxcnc$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> /usr/lib/camunits:/usr/local/lib/camunits
>
> Which obviously is not enough as I get the impression it isn't finding
> libv4lconvert, or at least the wrong one since there are at least 2
> versions extant.  Or are there, locate only finds one.
>
> I think, now that the build deps have been used, I'll have to go back and
> reinstall a bunch of mesa stuff that opengl pulls out as I can see
> something for video, but only the mesa versions seem to recognize and
> actually synch to the formats.  According to apt-get:
>
> gene@shop:~/linuxcnc$ sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-swx11  libgl1-mesa-
> swx11-dev
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>    libgl1-mesa-dev libgl1-mesa-glx
>    libgl1-mesa-swx11 libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev
> [...]
Gene ,

this is the section , i think giving the problem

  if options.window:
             reparent(window, xid)

         w = builder.get_object('chain_gl_widget')
         self.glwidget = w
         if options.chain:
             w.load_from_str(open(options.chain).read())
             self.chain_file = options.chain
         else:
             w.set_chain(self.create_chain(options))
             self.chain_file = None
         c = w.get_chain()
         c.attach_glib(1000, None)

just need to understand it a bit more , i presume it's looking for the
graphics lib which
in your case is changed from the freeimage lib

i may be wrong of course , as usual