On 22 November 2013 17:32, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:

> So I would be interested in how someone else has mounted one of the
> endoscope cameras on his mill, allowing for suitable methods of tweaking
> alignment.

I haven't done it, so this is just a quick-and-dirty idea.

Take a couple of inches of 3/4" aluminium rod, bore out the middle quite a
lot bigger than the chimera and then put a flat on the outside.
Drill a couple of countersunk holes all the way through for screws to mount
it to the mill head. Also drill and tap two pairs of holes at 120 degrees
to the flat spaced to suit the camera.
once the holder is mounted on the mill insert the camera and some dense
rubber foam. The foam should be on the mill-head side of the camera, and
the set screws that I forgot earlier should be on the other side.

You can now twiddle the 4 screws to align the camera, and the foam will
keep the camera pushed against the screws. The foam avoids the problem of
there being a mill head in just the place you would need to apply your hex
key.

Consider making the tube a little long, then you can fit a bung when the
camera is not in use.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.