On 30 November 2013 01:28, Chris Radek <ch...@timeguy.com> wrote:

> Paradoxically, the more intricate you make the ini and hal languages
> with the goal of "ease of use", the harder it is for the gui
> programs to handle (especially read and rewrite) them, the more
> brittle those programs get,

FWIW I can't really see that the INI file is any sort of problem. The
whole point of the INI is to put all the data in one place.

If you want to make modular configs, then do it with the HAL files.
They don't need to pull their values from an INI, the INI is just a
single central store.

My personal configs hardly trouble the INI at all.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.