On Saturday 28 December 2013 14:36:50 Paul Midgley did opine:

> Hello
>
> I have been trying to set up my home built cnc mill to run on linuxcnc,
> but with no success.
>
> I have a controller card that I bought of ebay a 3 axis TB6560 driver
> board.
>
> Has any one had any success setting up these controller cards, they
> appear to have an drive enable function, but I do not know how to set
> this up under linuxcnc.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Linuxcnc can do that if your interface card can.  I am not fam with that
particular motor controller its too small even for my toy mill, so about
all I can do is have your check the voltage on the enable pin with a
digital meter, if under a volt from ground, wire it to 5 volts to enable,
or if its 2.5 volts or more, wire it to the minus (0 volts/ground) rail.
One or the other should enable it and as long as you limit the applied
voltage to zero or 5 volts, you shouldn't be able to damage it.

Be aware that this motor driver, like the Allegro A-3977 versions will spit
out the smoke and mirrors that make it work if there is even a hint of a
loose connection between it and the motors when its powered up.  It also is
afraid of more than about 27 volts to run the motors, 24 max recommended,
and that will limit the motors top speed.

The 2M542 driver costs more, capable of handling 4.2 amp motors and a 50
volt supply.  But I bought 7 of them, 4 for the mill and 2 for the lathe.
2+ years later, the 7nth one is still in its box in a toolbox drawer next
to the lathe. Bulletproof. $45-$50/copy on fleabay.  They Just Work(TM).

Cheers, Gene

Put your Nose to the Grindstone!
                -- Amalgamated Plastic Surgeons and Toolmakers, Ltd.
         law-abiding citizens.