Hi all;

I've got a large bit of steel milling to do, and am changing tools
mid-stream every 1mm or so of depth. (6mm end mills, 12.7mm depth)

Is it possible that the "stop program execution" causes loss of position?

What I'm doing is, when the end mill is close to a point where not much
milling is being done, I:
    - stop the program;
    - change end mills;
    - zero the Z axis based on this end mill;
    - edit the program so that the tool will start off where I want it;
    - and, go.

I know that there's probably a better way of pausing program operation to
do a tool change and Z axis touch off, but I can't think that to do at the
moment.

What do *you* do, to change tools mid-stream?

Confused;

John.