On 01/12/2014 07:14 AM, jrmitchellj . wrote:
> Looks like it did not find you parallel port.
> (just my guess by looking at the kernel message)

Actually, I think the this error message:

insmod: error inserting
'/usr/realtime-2.6.32-122-rtai/modules/emc2/hal_ppmc.ko': -1 Operation not
permitted

indicates that the Pico-Systems PPMC card was not found, so the module
wasn't loaded. The card may not have power or is damaged. If you have
verified that you have power to the board, Pico-Systems has a
diagnostics utility that may help from there.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/