On 1/22/2014 5:12 PM, Mark Tucker wrote:
> Is it possible to switch to another Gui in machinekit?
> I have tried altering the Display section in the BeBoPr-Bridge.Ini to
> Gscreen but no joy.(Just loads of errors).
> I Really have a dislike for the Mouse Driven Axis Gui,Mouse and metal
> cutting machines don't mix,so i was hoping to Modify Gscreen and add
> some keyboard stuff in later.

Try running some of the gscreen simulations.  On the BeagleBone one of
the sim configurations failed horribly for me, but the other at least
seemed to launch.  If you can get the simulation examples running, you
should be able to port the gscreen setup to a real machine configuration.

Note that Gscreen is under heavy active development, so if you really
want to use it, I suggest pulling a copy of ubc3 from git and building
from source.  Anything in my pre-built images is going to be pretty
dated.  You should probably grab Michael's branch from github:

https://github.com/mhaberler/linuxcnc/tree/unified-build-candidate-3

You can also use any of the other GUI displays if you want.  I really
would like something more embedded friendly than Axis, but I keep coming
back to it because it generates the fewest problems overall and I'm
trying to work on lower-level stuff.  If you do get a gscreen
configuration working, let me know...I'm interested in trying it out if
it's stable on the 'Bone.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net