Thank guys.  I completely missed the integer in/out part.  I had sort of
figured out it was trying to increase apparent resoution from what Peter
and Jon said and now that makes a lot of sense why.  We'll give it a try.

Though, Im now curious as to how a filter will play along w/ the velocity
mode setting.  As long as the filter rate is reasonable I guess the output
isn't still settling for a good time after the wheel has stopped.

Thanks again,
Stephen