Charles
I am pleased I have found this thread, myself and a friend both have
small mill setups with type 34 steppers, and Gecko 201s running at 50
volts, and we have been trying to set them up with Beaglebones, and
machine kit, we are both new to linux, and thought it was some setting
we had wrong in the ini or hal file, the noise seems to increase with
the size of motor, and the voltage used.
Other than this annoyance and some minor issues, it all looks very
promising, I have run most of the cnc files that I used to run on mach3
without any problems.

Regards
Peter Smith