Greetings;

leds are something I'll have to plead less than a full understanding of.

So, if I connect these 2 channels of this sparkfun kit such that the anode
of one is connected to the cathode of the other, effectively placing them
in parallel, add a current limiter in series with the common of one end, do
I need to also put in a reverse voltage protection diode, or will the one
that needs to light up, will light up without being shorted out by the
other polarity led across it?

The C1G can put out sufficient currant (24 ma) but I believe its
programming jumpers cannot allow both polarities, its a one or the other
deal per data line, so I'll have to invert the signal to get the opposite
drive external to the C1G, but that doesn't seem to be a show stopper.

The idea is to have the 2 optos outputs in totem pole for a bidirectional
drive +12 volts or 0 volts, both active on an exclusive basis into the
Gemini controller.

The question is, do I need to polarity protect the leds in the opto
package?  The pdf I downloaded on the opto package is less that informative
on this particular detail.

Cheers, Gene

NOTICE: Will pay 100 USD for an HP-4815A defective but
complete probe assembly.