On 31 March 2014 22:13, Rod Fitzsimmons Frey <rodf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Everything's working great, I'm just getting hung up on communicating with
> them from the python remap code. Looks like the suggestion of mapping to
> M64 commands is the way to go, although it seems a bit unsatisfying.  I was
> really trying to do things in the most general way and the python remapping
> seems like a wonderful avenue.

You can import "hal" into your Python and create HAL pins from your
code to connect to other HAL pins.

It might even be possible to set hal pins from Python without
exporting pins, I can see a set_p function in help("hal")

However, I think that exporting pins to HAL is the "right" way, rather
than hard-coding links in the software.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.