On 1 April 2014 16:18, Rod Fitzsimmons Frey <rodf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow, this is frustrating. :)
>
> I can create HAL pins just fine, and wire them up with signals just-so.  I
> can watch them turn on and off at appropriate times with halscope, etc.
>
> BUT I can't access them anywhere from code! The remap code for M6 has the
> hal python component, but:

I am starting to worry that I have sent you down the wrong path.
I think I was thinking in terms of a userspace HAL component rather
than a remapped tool change. And I don't know how much commonality
there is.

A HAL component is loaded at startup, creates HAL pins and remains
live for the duration of the run.

I suspect that remap code runs then exits.

Looking at the docs, perhaps the approach in section 9.4.5 is what you need?

http://linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/remap/structure.html#_calling_conventions_ngc_to_python

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.