On 16 April 2014 14:51, Dr.Mclem <dr.mc...@virgin.net> wrote:

> 1) on my count encoded wheel I want fine control (say 0.001") but as I spin
> the wheel I would like the motion to be smooth. At the moment using axis-jog
> it executes many 0.001 steps with a stop in between.

Take a look at ilowpass, which is intended for this situation:
http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/ilowpass.9.html

> 2) I would also like to use an analogue input to drive the velocity of an
> axis directly for more rapid manual movement but can't see how to do this
> with the jog pins.

You probably want to drive the jog-velocity pin, and then set "jog
selected".  I am not sure if you can do wheel jogging and analogue
jogging at the same time.
The SimpleRemotePendant wiki entry has much of the info.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.