Hi Jon

> Andy Pugh suggested you could run my PWM servo amps with
> just ONE wire/output pin.  That is what I was referring to,
> and that two wires would be better.

Ah, OK. Got it. Thank for the clarification.

> With sign/magnitude control, there is no output
> until the PWM signal has pulses on it (ie. when power is
> needed to move the motor).  With synchronous antiphase,
> both sides of the full-bridge are cycling at 50% duty
> cycle all the time, ramping triangle-wave currents through
> the motor windings.

> As for the synchronization part of your question, I didn't
> have any
> comment on that.  But, I think it might be fairly simple to rig
> up suitable functions with standard HAL components that can
> do what you need.  Probably there'd be the PID component,
> but I don't understand the rest of the requirement enough
> to say more.

I'll try to wire something up on the weekend. We'll see how fare I get.

A possible alternative would be to make LinuxCNC capture the current
position when the trigger signal is received and send the position data
via Ethernet to the scanner control computer. This is less elegant
though and will rewire more post processing of the captured scan data.

See you
Flo