On Wednesday 14 May 2014 05:54:01 Mark Wendt did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 4:59 AM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > > A simple sleeve "glued" on will work for a ball screw extension. It
> > > will hold FAR greater than what a wimpy stepper is ever going to
> > > achieve to break it.
> > >
> > > Just use correct glue.
> > >
> > > BTW -  super glue is wrong answer..
> >
> > Ok, so name the Right Stuff(TM).
> >
> > I thought about one of the Goop's, but that stuff can be springy.
> > Motors are 425 oz max, those 2 are 262's though. Also thought of the
> > epoxies, but I've had some disappointing results as it gets brittle
> > with the years.  I still like the mechanical clamp from hell, the
> > pipe thread idea.  I can make that with G33 easily enough. And in
> > any size needed as its a one off anyway.
> >
> > Looking around the shop for a 7/16" SAE nut I can re-bore came up
> > empty though. So I might have to make the whole nut from 5/8" stock.
> >  Not impossible either, and probably desirable since stock nuts are
> > too thin anyway.  Using a pipe wrench to tighten it wouldn't bother
> > me either as once assembled, it goes out of sight, and the hex
> > corners clearance might need dremel surgery on the table ends.
> >
> > Keeps me out of the bars don'tcha know, Steve.
> >

> > Cheers, Gene
>
> There's a Loc-Tite designed just for that kinda stuff.  I forget which
> number it is, but it's in the 600 series.  Depends on the fit of the
> parts, whether loose or tight.
>
> Mark

I'll go trolling thru their site & see if I can find it then, thanks Mark.

Loc-Tite stuff should be available at NAPA, and  they are also in stock at
Lowes lumber yards, but I have a NAPA right here in Weston.  Loc-Tites own
site doesn't know what a 600 series is, but they have a 2 part epoxy weld,
claims one drop of each tube mixed=3350 lbs to break, 2 1 oz tubes on a
card.  Sounds good anyway.  I'll get some.

Cheers, Gene