On 5/22/14 10:04 , erik wrote:
> Sebastian,
>
> thanks a lot! This procedure worked fine except for a small glitch:
>
> Observed behaviour after compilation:
> LinuxCNC started, I selected the desired sim setup and the program shut off.
>
> Solution:
> The library "libtk-img" is needed too. Installation via the software
> center. LinuxCNC runs after that.
>
> I let you know if I recognise any unusual behaviour.

Thanks for the report.

I bet you built run-in-place, rather than building a deb package and
installing it?

Unlike the situation with libgnomeprintui-dev, which is a
build-dependency, libtk-img is a runtime dependency and we don't have
any way to detect missing runtime dependencies for run-in-place builds.

You can make sure that runtime dependencies are satisfied by building a
deb and trying to install it, and then installing all the debs it says
it needs:

cd debian; ./configure sim; cd ..
dpkg-checkbuilddeps
debuild -us -uc
sudo dpkg -i ../linuxcnc-sim_*.deb

The 'dpkg -i' will complain about all the missing runtime dependencies,
install them with 'sudo apt-get -f install', then run dpkg again as
above to install linuxcnc and it should work fine.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky