> > Take this Scenario:-
> > Max Velocity 2000mm
> > Feed in program 1000mm
> > Turn the max velocity slider down to 75% = Rapids now 1500mm , Feed 1000mm
> > Turn the max velocity slider down to 50% = Rapids now 1000mm , Feed 1000mm
> > Turn the max velocity slider down to 25% = Rapids now 500mm , Feed 500mm
> > This is getting awfully confusing now because what is the feedrate
> > slider doing at this point if you set it to 50%???????????????
> > Do you get 50% of 1000mm or 500mm.
> > I have never seen such bollocks in 30 years of cnc machine operating.

I might point out that max velocity is not in percent.
It is an absolute setting of units per minute (mm per minute in your case)
That does explain why it works strangely to you.
And yes I'm aware that possibly no commercial control works this way.
IIRC it was an easy way to implement overriding of rapids at the time.

Rapid override would be a great addition - I have a patch on the dev list
just not sure it is the best way to go yet.

When upgrading major versions (eg 2.5 to 2.6) one should expect big changes.
We try to outline them in the wiki.
One should be extra careful when upgrading major versions because of these
type of changes and also because they are inherently less tested.
That's the perils of upgrading
(which you don't need to do unless there are new feature you need/want)

If your keen on more input to the development of linuxcnc, might I suggest you
subscribe to the dev list.

Cheers
Chris M